Product Owner internship
Who are we?
We are Nixon Digital, a startup located in Alkmaar. At Nixon, we have big goals and believe there is huge potential in the market. We are looking for talented people to join our team and help us take advantage of the opportunities ahead as we work towards growth.
Our platform helps companies better manage their website portfolio, making us an important partner in ensuring privacy and security compliance. As a startup, we are constantly developing and improving everything we do.
What do we do
What are you going to do?
We are looking for a Product Owner who is enthusiastic about working in a dynamic and fast-paced digital landscape. Our team is expanding quickly, and our client base is growing, so we are looking for talented individuals to join us. As an intern, we do not expect you to have five years of experience, but we do require someone with a “getting things done” mentality and a strong desire to learn.
As a Product Owner, you function as a bridge between customers with high demand and the teams responsible for incrementally delivering successful new features / releases of our product / platform. Working closely with the team, you will prioritize items off your backlog to maximize value for our clients. To ensure the team understands your decisions, it is critical to articulate your goals and vision every sprint and keep both the client and the team happy. You will work alongside our Scrum Master, Developers, and Designer. You will also learn how to create stories. It is your responsibility to ensure that the ideas and thoughts of the Nixon founders are transformed into use-cases and roadmaps for the coming years.
Who are you?
- We are looking for an intern who is currently doing an HBO/WO study,
- Ideally, your studies should be focused on IT and/ or Software Development. However, we believe that anyone with the right mindset can excel in this internship,
- Someone with a certain ‘getting things done mentality,’
- Someone who has excellent written and verbal English communication skills (proficiency in other languages is a bonus),
- Knowledge of- and experience with tools as Jira and Confluence.
- Do not worry if you are not the best at Nintendo Smash Bros – we will not hold it against you!
Why work at Nixon Digital
- We are a start-up that is growing quickly, and we are looking for the right people to join us. If you enjoy working with us and show us what you are capable of, there will be opportunities for a longer stay.
- Working with us means taking on a lot of responsibility, but there are endless opportunities for learning and self-development.
- We expect a lot from our team, but we also offer a lot in return. At Triple’s state-of-the-art building, you will have access to relaxation opportunities such as playing games on the Nintendo Switch, Ping-Pong, or participating in FIFA tournaments.
- You will be working with young, ambitious people who like to have fun and enjoy the occasional beer.
Want to know more? Ask Sjoerd!
If you believe that this internship is suitable for you, kindly send an email to Sjoerd Heddema (Recruitment@nixon.nl). We will review your CV and reach out to you if we believe you would be a good fit. If we do, we would be delighted to invite you to our office!